Have you been searching for the perfect dress pattern but cant find it?
In this class we design a dress, make a sample, fit it then sew it out of final fabrics.
This is a follow-up class to Flat Pattern Clothing Design. In this class, you'll use the sloper blocks you made in Flat Pattern Clothing Design to create a dress of your own design.
Maybe you want a simple dress to wear everyday or a cocktail dress for special events that will turn heads. Whatever your dress dreams are we will bring them to life in this class.
Class Day: Thursday
Time: 6pm - 9pm
Class is 6 weeks long. We will meet once a week on Thursday evening from 6pm-9pm at Anastasia's fashion design studio in Chicago.
- Figure out what sort of dress you want to make - come in with pics if you can. Anastasia will help you figure it out if you can't.
- Pattern drafting your dress on paper based on your sloper blocks
- Cutting and sewing muslin version of your dress to validate the fit and style.
- Make adjustments to the pattern as necessary based upon how the muslin worked.
- Cut & Sew the original design out of final fabrics
- Celebrate in your amazing new creation!
Class includes all supplies except 5 yards muslin, 2pcs 24" invisible zipper, final garment fabrics and notions. All pattern drafting supplies can be borrowed.
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out.
Our classes are limited in size (and frequently sell out!). Each person has a station with a sewing machine reserved for them, so no refunds are offered on classes. If you know you'll be missing a class in advance, contact us and we'll see if there's a seat available in a nearby session you could attend.