Learn to sew knits like a pro with a pro! As you cut & sew 6 garments, you'll learn what makes knitwear different, how to choose the right needles, threads, and machine feet for easier, better sewing. All patterns, fabrics, and supplies are included. Just show up and sew!
Class starts : Wednesday June 1st
We'll meet for 6 weeks on Wednesday evenings from 6pm-9pm: June 1st, June 8th, June 15th, June 29th, July 6th, and July 13th
In this 6 week class you'll cut & sew all of the following garments in knitwear fabrics:
- Fit 'n flair dress
- T-shirt or crop top
- Sweatshirt or shift dress
All of these projects will be made using a serger and regular machine.
In this class you will learn:
- How to cut out knitwear
- How to sew knitwear
- How to sew elastics to knits
- How to use the cover stitch machine for hemming knits
- How to use the serger and adjust tensions for different knits
- How to work with different weight knits in the same project
- How to sew a zipper in a knit
- How to sew pockets on knits
- How to add trim to knits
- How to set in sleeves on a serger
By the end of this class you will be addicted to sewing knits because it is soooooo fun and easy!