Sewing 102 is the perfect next step after Sewing 101. Learn to sew full garments with multiple pieces using techniques you learned in Sewing 101 and new techniques to advance your skills.
In this 6 week class, you’ll cut and sew a new garment in your size each week. And new this session, if you get through quickly, you can do the extra credit - a bonus technique you can learn and use to level up your clothes.
Gadzooks! Great Garments!
- Shirt/blouse with bias facing and raglan sleeves (Extra credit: Ruffle hem)
- High-waisted A-line skirt with waistband and invisible zipper (Extra credit: patch pockets)
- Shift dress with hidden side seam pockets! (Extra credit: Applique embellishments)
- Bucket Hat (Extra credit: lining and embellishment)
- Wrap skirt with ties (Extra credit: decorative stitching)
- T-shirt - the classic - and a great sample of what you can make in the amazing T-Shirts & Stuff class
Each class starts cutting a paper sewing pattern for your size. We’ll go over grain lines & prepping the fabric to start cutting and sewing. We’ll work with different fabrics each week. We’ll then go over the techniques needed to create each garment, then you make the clothes.
All patterns, fabrics, and supplies are included. Just show up and sew!
And at the end, you get to wear your awesome sewing project!
We will meet once a week on Wednesday Night. There is also a Sunday 102 class .
Time - 6-9pm for 6 weeks
If you haven’t taken 101, you can still take sewing 102, but you need to be able to confidently operate a sewing machine and create basic seams to attend.
Our classes are limited in size (and frequently sell out!). Each person has a station with a sewing machine reserved for them, so no refunds are offered on classes. If you miss a class, video tutorials will be provided that you can work through in your own time. If you know you'll be missing a class in advance, contact us and we'll see if there's a seat available in a nearby session you could attend.